Published On: Thu, Jul 16th, 2020

Genting Continues Redundancy Strategy In Singapore

Share This
Tags

Resort World Sentosa part of the Genting Group is to lay off gaming and other department staff due to the downturn in business because of the COVID pandemic.

The company said: “Over the past few months, we have reviewed all costs, eliminated non-essential spending, and reduced the salaries of management by up to 30 percent,” it went on to say, “Over the past few months, we have reviewed all costs, eliminated non-essential spending, and reduced the salaries of management by up to 30 percent,” said Resorts World Sentosa in its Wednesday statement.

“In this latest round of review, we have made the difficult decision to implement a one-off workforce rationalisation.” It had been done after “careful deliberation and consultation.”

Genting in the UK has done the same strategy by closing casinos and laying off casino staff and now the Singapore based business is doing the same. It is not been stated how many of the workforce is at risk of redundancy at Resort World Sentosa.

Singapore has two major resorts and the other is Las Vegas Sands Corp’s Marina Bay Sands which both reopened following the lockdown on July 1st, no statement has come from the US based company on any redundancies yet.

About the Author

-