Published On: Mon, Mar 5th, 2012

Wynn’s mistake

Share This
Tags

SHARES within the Wynn Resorts Ltd. remained high on Friday, despite confirming that an approval of its Cotai project was…a mistake.

The news had seen shares rocket 6 percent after the company filed a regulatory report saying it made progress on a lease for the resort. Less than two hours later, the company said in a new filing that the previous information had been “filed by mistake”.

“The Cotai land concession contract has not been gazetted,” the company clarified.

The law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP said a clerk in its filing department had inadvertently filed the unauthorized filing.

Cameron McKnight, a Wells Fargo Securities analyst, said in a note to investors that the mistake could “delay the [Cotai land concession] process further.”

“I can’t imagine that the Macau government is going to wake up in the morning and feel incredibly excited about this coming out,” Sterne, Agee & Leach analyst David Bain told Associated Press.

About the Author

-

Leave a comment

You must be Logged in to post comment.