Categories: GamingN. America

Casino Niagara to stay open


Casino Niagara here to stay

 

Reported previously in the iGaming Post on the possibility of The Niagara Casino closing,  there has now been a decision made ending days of doubt, a leading Ontario provincial leader has assured that Casino Niagara will stay open.

Provincial Minister Kim Craitor, who is also the province’s tourism minster, said Friday afternoon he has assurances from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. that the 15-year-old casino at the foot of the Rainbow Bridge will remain open for the duration of its long-term lease. The announcement comes as the OLGC’s restructuring will see the slot machines at Fort Erie Race Track close on April 30.

“Casino Niagara is here to stay,” Craitor said during a news briefing at the gaming site.

The casino along with its companion, Fallsview Casino & Resort, are considered linchpins in Niagara Falls’ tourism industry. According to the OLGC, during the second quarter the two gambling venues attracted more than 4.6 million patrons and generated $295 million in revenues.

Some Ontario leaders had hinted that Casino Niagara may close as part of the OLGC’s new business plan.

“This puts those thoughts to rest,” Craitor said.

Casinos are credited with fueling $5.2 billion in private-sector investment in the Southern Ontario region and another $1 billion of development may move forward.

Craitor said he would like to see Casino Niagara renovated now that it’s future is certain.

“It is long overdue,” he said.

Staff

Recent Posts

Pennsylvania Sports Betting Sector Records Revenue Growth in July 2026

In July 2026, Pennsylvania’s regulated gambling market recorded year-over-year expansion, primarily driven by the sports…

7 hours ago

Denmark Blocks Prediction Market Platform Polymarket Over Licensing Violations

Danish authorities blocked access to the cryptocurrency-based prediction platform Polymarket, alongside 97 other unlicensed gambling…

7 hours ago

Bally’s Corporation Revises Phased Construction Strategy for Las Vegas Ballpark Development

Bally's Corporation has updated the construction strategy for its $1.1 billion mixed-use development surrounding the…

7 hours ago

Galaxsys Expands Fast Game Portfolio with the Launch of Aviabom

Galaxsys, has announced the launch of Aviabom, a fast-paced flight-based multiplier game designed to bring…

1 day ago

QuinnBet (Gibraltar) Limited to pay £609,104 for regulatory failures

The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) announced today that QuinnBet (Gibraltar) Limited, which operates quinnbet.com will…

1 day ago

Hub88 onboards Gametimetec’s Showtime Slots portfolio

Hub88 has integrated Gametimetec's Showtime Slots portfolio to provide operators with access to a fast-growing…

1 day ago